County Arcade / Victoria Quarter, Leeds, originally uploaded by tricky (sovietuk).

One of Leeds’ preserved Victorian era shopping arcades. These are essentially ornately covered streets comprising of small (mostly expensive fashion) shops. The next arcade to the left from here houses the Leeds branch of Harvey Nichols.

This arcade was constructed between 1898-1900, and designed by Frank Matcham, better known for his designs of london music-halls like the London Palladium and the London Hippodrome.